Chancellor's Advisory Committee on the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender (LGBT) Community at Cal
(Approved Spring 2007)
The Chancellor's Advisory Committee on the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender (LGBT) Community at Cal (CAC-LGBT) is a standing committee reporting to the Chancellor, comprised of UC Berkeley staff, faculty, graduate and undergraduate students, alumni, and ex officio representatives. To promote a tolerant and inclusive campus environment, the committee regularly identifies, analyzes, and advises the Chancellor and senior administration on needs and concerns of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer faculty, staff, students, alumni, and affiliates at UC Berkeley.
- Advise on campus climate, changing needs of campus LGBT communities, and emerging populations and trends
- Support scholarly research and teaching in the areas of LGBT studies and related intellectual endeavors
- Review campus and UC system policies, procedures, and practices that affect employment, academic status, and quality of life of LGBT campus members, and offer comments and recommendations
- Review campus and UC system reports, plans, and program proposals that relate to and are of concern to campus LGBT communities, and offer comments and recommendations
- Help create an affirming and welcoming environment for all campus members
- Comment on conditions and incidents that adversely affect the LGBT community on campus
- Liaise with related committees and constituencies.
See this section for details about the work of this Committee.
See this section for a Roster of current members and information about serving as a member.